- This event has passed.
International Women’s Day
- Date Mar 8 2022
- Time 12:00 pm till 4:00 pm
A creative networking event, celebrating International Women’s Day on 8th March!
Stanley Arts invites those who identify as women, non-binary, or gender fluid to attend our celebration of International Women’s Day. Bringing together creatives from across Croydon and further afield, this event will allow artists, leaders, and creative organisations to network in a safe and inclusive space. This event is free, but we will be taking donations on the day for Ella’s, an amazing charity that helps survivors of trafficking and exploitation.
You can expect:
– Speeches and talks from important creative leaders in Croydon, such as Carolyn Forsyth from Talawa Theatre, Sheree Vickers from Savvy Theatre, Anusha Subramanyam from Beeja Dance, Sharon Ballard from Cherry Stars, and Croydon’s first ever poet laureate, Shaniqua Benjamin
– A ‘speed dating’ session with other creatives in the room
– A feedback session run by Stanley Arts, and a discussion regarding the dismantling of barriers that women and gender minorities face in Croydon and South London more broadly
– Buffet-style food and beverages
If you would like to speak at this event or run a session, please do get in touch at email@example.com! If you would like to have a stall to promote your small business, feel free to also get in touch at the above email.