Panto Dame Costume Competition
Do you love to draw? Are you interested in costumes and fashion? Are you aged 5-18?
Enter our Pantomime Dame Costume Competition for a chance to see your design come to life!
Stanley Arts is kickstarting the run up to Christmas with our very own costume competition. The process is simple: use our template to draw your design, send it to us via email for your age category before November 5th, and we will announce the winners on December 10th at the Stanley Arts Christmas Lights Switch On – with panto tickets prizes available to the lucky winners!
The dame will walk in wearing your costume, in front of all of your friends and family – it’s going to be magical.
All young people taking part in the competition should try to incorporate something about South Norwood and its history into their design – pick something that inspires you, and celebrates our local area this Christmas.
How to enter:
- Download our pantomime dame template, print it off, and draw all over it! (See the link below)
- Or if you don’t have a printer then you can pick up a free copy of the template from our Stanley Social Café.
- Make sure to draw a dress design and a hat design for the panto dame – and feel free to draw outside the lines.
- Then scan in your template or take a photo, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Costume Competition Entry’, or hand in your drawings at the Stanley Social Café.
- With your entry also make sure to let us know your name, your contact details, and which age category you would like to be entered into.
Category 1 : 5-8 year olds
Category 2 : 9-13 years olds
Category 3 : 14-18 year olds
Entry Deadline: 5pm on Friday 5th November – Bonfire Night
Prizes: EACH age category winner will get four tickets to come to the panto on the day of their choosing! The overall winner’s design will transformed into a real life costume to be worn by the dame in the show !!!
Winners Announcement: Friday 10th December
On Friday 10th December, there will be the Stanley Arts Christmas Light Switch On, a Christmas Market with lots of mulled wine, Christmas carol singing, and the three age category winners will be invited along. The pantomime dame will then arrive in the winning costume designed by one of our local young people.
It’s going to be an amazing Christmas Celebration – we can’t wait to see you all there.
If you have any questions about the competition, or any access needs, don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com. We’re so excited to see your submissions!
Download the template here: Panto Dame Costume Template