COLLIDE – A call-out for LGBTQAI+ Artists
Collide: A programme to support 10 emerging LGBTQIA+ artists working in & across any medium to develop new visual or performance work.
We’re looking for bold, brave & unapologetically queer ideas. We are seeking 5 visual artists and 5 performing artists (or perhaps you do a bit of both?) to be part of a development programme which will include mentorship, sharings with feedback, a small seed commission and a showcase to perform in July 2023.
We want to create a vibrant & supportive artistic community- with artists benefiting not only from the cash, the space & the time- but also the real life connections between each other.
Co-produced by Stanley Arts & Raze Collective as part of This is Croydon, London Borough of Culture 2023, with support from Arts Council England.
If you have a question or want to speak to someone about any details or access requirements, write to Fraser on firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is it for?
- LGBTQIA+ artists / performers / live artists / visual artists / multidisciplinary artists
- Solo artists, duos or small collectives. Please note that the fee commission is the same regardless of whether you are an individual or group.
- We will prioritize disabled artists & global majority artists
- This can be a new idea or something that is already in the works.
- We are particularly keen to hear from Croydon / South London based artists
What do I get?
- £750 seed commission
- A scratch night and/or exhibition at Stanley Arts in July 2023.
- Regular Peer Sharing Meetups at Stanley Arts
- 1 weeks rehearsal space in Stanley Arts Scene Dock or access to a shared studio space at Turf Projects
- Producing/Development support from the Raze Collective & Stanley Arts producing team
- Creative development workshops
How do I apply?
- We have a google form which you can fill out here.
- If you would like to send a video application, you’re welcome to do that instead and email, with a link to your video (no more than 5 minutes) to email@example.com
- Here is a link to a text to speech version of the application
- Here is a larger font PDF of the application & questions
Applications close on 31st March 2023